Sugar Loaf25 High Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built in 1870 as a beerhouse by Wells & Co, Biggleswade, it obtained a full licence in 1956 and was taken over by Greene King in 1961. It remains an old fashioned local village pub, where the partition between the public and lounge bar was removed in 2010, making an open plan single bar layout. The front section has a real fire, TV with Sky Sport, dart board and pool table. The rear section is furnished with tables and chairs around the perimeter plus a long central table with high stools. Regular teams play pool, cribbage and dominoes and occasional DJ or karaoke. Happy Hour Fridays 5-7.